(Makes 16 slices)
- 2 Cups Raw Almonds
- 2 Cups Pitted Soaked Dates – Drainer before adding
- 5 x Free Range Eggs
- ½ Cups Almond Milk
- 1 Juice from fresh Orange
- ½ Cups frozen raspberries
- 4 Tbspn Cacao Powder
- Tbspn Cacao nibs (optional)
- 3 Tbspn Melted Coconut Oil
- Pre-heat oven 180’.
- Grease & line Cake Tin.
- Put 2 cups Raw Almonds (activated preferred) in good processor. Blitz until flour like texture.
- Soak 2 cups of pitted dates in warm water for a few minutes until soft and drain.
- Add the dates to ground Almonds, then blend for a few minutes.
- Add mixture to a large bowl.
- Add 5 x free range eggs - one by one.
- Then add 1 tsp Vanilla essence, 1/2 cup Almond Milk, Juice of 1 Orange, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 4 Tbsp Cacao powder (you can use cocoa but quality isn't as good).
- Mix all together.
- Optional - add 1 Tbsp cacao nibs or you can cut them up into pieces.
- Lastly, melt 3 Tbsp of coconut Oil and add into the mixture.
- Pour into cake tin.
- Bake for 45-50mins.
- Let cake rest for 20mins before turning out.
- Cake goes well when serve with Greek Yoghurt